Thursday, July 07, 2005

Sentimental Foolishness

Testing...testing...1..2...3...! Got a new comp. Very cool...just trying out all its features.Its a HP Media Centre PC...radio...TV...the works!
So now the old one is off to Appa's office.
I've been saying goodbye to it. Patted to CPU and the Monitor and told them that they would have nice new owners who would keep them clean and free of dust ...and not eat on te computer table and spill stuff on the keyboard....I guess that's just ridiculous.
But its always a wrench to let old familiar things go...even inanimate computers....Even when we change cars...and believe me we've been through quite a few! I've always said goodbye to them...Assured them that their new owner would keep them well watered and oiled...Its especially difficult with the small ones...the Maruti 800 and the Indica...What is it about small cars that makes them almost a pet?
But sentimentality is just another name for hoarding...as you can see if you rummaged through my table...there are all kinds of things...some as old as I am ...most of which should have found their way to the dustbin years ago...hairclips...old pens whose refills can't be changed...pencils down to their last centimeter...scraps of paper with weird drawings...broken pencil boxes....but I can't throw them away! They served me well in their day...this is their retirement ...to sit in undisturbed comfort in the draw....probably until Mummy takes things into her own hands

2 comments:

Irritating specimen said...

hey me too sentimental with old stuff...something that it brings back old memories...even if it is just a pen....

but if i start accumulating them at home i will be thrown instead of it...he he...slicha problem...

Random Access said...

haha..reminds me of myself..I used to have my LKG books and read thru them even after my 12th, though sadly aftr I parted my ties with my motherland, everything found its way to our friendly neighbourhood kaayilan kadai.

Random Access
The search has just begun !!!