Saturday, July 30, 2005

Abandon Hope All ye Who Enter

I was actually looking fir the poem by Ogden Nash, which describes exactly what I was feeling...but I coulnd't find it... so I'm going to write a poem of my own...it isn't deep, or particularly meaningful...or even very good as satirical poetry goes...but I'm in the mood to write a lot of crap.

A hastily made appointment
Far too early in the morning to be legal.
Hours of apprehensive waiting,
A growing sickness in the stomach.

At last the call to come in.
Mustering up all my courage,
Not to bolt for the door to freedom,
I enter the portals of Doom.

I sit upon the deceptively comfortable chair,
Like a fly baited by the Venus Fly-trap,
And a bright, blinding light shines into my eyes,
"Am I dead and gone to Heaven?"

And the rumbling of the machine starts,
And something prods at my gums.
Not heaven then,
It hurts too much.

And my teeth are scrubbed and scraped,
And they feel raw and peeled when its done,
And I can feel parts of my mouth,
That I never even knew existed ,with my tongue.

"You must come after four months",he says,
After the ordeal is done.
And I nod and force a smile,
And pray "God, never again"

5 comments:

Random Access said...

i know ejjatly the poem u r lookin for...Its called "The Middle"

and u r not alone..

Kill the dentists
Kill em all
Call it genocide
And a call me Murder…
Make them dig their graves with plastic spoons …
And strap them to their graves with , barb!!
Rage is me
I am the color of the blood I bleed in my mouth!!
Join the party
Kill the dentists!!

on
http://succubus.rediffblogs.com/

Random Access said...

well, it may not be the middle..but i cant find it..damn...

Random Access
The search has just begun !!!

Adi said...

The poem is "This is going to hurt just a little bit"
by Ogden.

Yeah Hari, we learnt it in Std X. The poem ends with something on the vicious circle etc.

I guess that solves the mystery

nandini said...

@ Adi...yeah that was the one I was looking for.

@ RA that was a pretty funny poem...although I would call it a kindness to humanity

Unknown said...

thnks for this information
i saw another yoga center which makes me more attracting and very useful here i have sent the link of that site please refer it

ttm