Thursday, July 21, 2005

Book Tagged!

Got tagged by Ash a.k.a Paparazzi...and completely jobless(not that that's anything new) so I'm doing this.

Total number of books I own: Assuming you're not referring to anything academically oriented? No encyclopedias,college books, school books....400-500 I guess...

Total number of books lent to others never come back: Boo Hooo.It makes me so sod to think of all these books! Savi has a whole collection I guess...then there're a couple of Dan Browns out there... a couple of C.S Lewis I lent in 4th standard...Lord of the Rings(Kk this is you!) Rainmaker...Linda Goodman...First Among Equals...I never forget the books that never came back....but I have a good many that I didn't return too :( so I guess I shouldn't talk!)

Total number of E-books :Lost due to Hard disk crash ...sorry

Last book I bought:HP6 ...look to previous post!

Last book I was gifted: Dan Brown's Da Vinci Code...from Chi,Joe,Princess,Vivek and Suresh
and The Last Juror from my sister...both on my last b'day.

Last book I read: HP6 again .

I am currently reading:"My Experiments With Truth"...Must ...Finish...Book....

5 books that mean a lot to me:(Only 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
1)Pride and Prejudice
2)Atlas Shrugged
3)Jonathan Livingstone Seagull
4)Les Miserables
5)Gone With the Wind
6)(1 more for luck!) Eats Shoots and Leaves

3 books I started reading but never finished:
umm...anything recommended in the syllubus book....special mention for history textbook...cure for insomnia that it is.

Book that made zero sense to me:
Trashy Romance Novels(Mills and Boons)

My most treasured books:
1) Collected Works of Shakespeare( ancient copy which belonged to my grandfather...all tattered and torn...but its a book with character)
2)Atlas Shrugged(aside from the senti value-it was my 16th b'day gift from my Mom-its a great book)
3)Pride and Prejudice

Books that I am planning to read in the coming days: Robin Cook's "Marker "

Who am I going to tag:

savi


random access


kk

adithya

jag






5 comments:

Random Access said...

Well, you gals just dont give up trying, dont u? Everyone out there to tag me, but still I am resisting it..mmmm, may the force be with u, but laziness becons my soul...

And yeah, I have read most of the books u had mentioned, so compared to a hardcore bookie (in the literal sense), i guess i aint tht worse off. But off late, very few books.

Random Access
The search has just begun !!!

nandini said...

ha ha ...no we're not giving up!

Irritating specimen said...

@nan..

too many posts on snape huh??funn naa??;)

@random

lazy geek wake up and do something worthwhile...ithaa vidaa ennaa veelai...ur schedule is slicha boring...this is better naa??? ;)

nandini said...

@ maveric and R.A...Glad I could make you do some work!

Irritating specimen said...

nan...anything related to our text book...i mean syllubus book...ahem ahem...none of us have finished it...have we...may be exception nits and prasanna :D