Sunday, August 07, 2005

Sudoku

This is supposed to be the wave sweeping the country (maybe the whole world?)...at any rate its got me hooked. I discoverd it about 2 months back on the back page of "The Hindu" and glared at the intellectual looking thing that was encroaching on the "fun page" (that's what the last page is -random titbits that are so much more interesting to read than the dull, dreary and depressing main headlines.

I tried it out of sheer boredom...and it rapidly wormed itsway into becoming a staple in my ife... I've begun to feel about it like some people do about their morning coffee... or the daily crosswor; my day is simply not complete without it! I get pretty annoyed when someone ( usually my dad ) finishs the puzzle before I can get to it... its led to some cranky moments!

The initial puzzles that were featured in "The Hindu" were really simple...fifteen minutes tops (once you get the hang of it) but there were a couple of hard ones... the one last Friday was( if I remember right... I still haven't completed it! But supposedly every Sudoku puzzle is solvable and has a unique solution... so I'm keeping on at it! Now Sudoku features in practically every magazine... even Ananda Vigadan (or was it kumudam?)... anyway... my grandmother was working hard at solving one the other day!

8 comments:

nandini said...

not as bad as all that! but I've got a sudoku book with about 150 puzzles now...that should keep me going for a while!

Adi said...

try the "smart sudoku" tht appears on Indian Express...thts a real toughie..

Deepti Ravi said...

hey, it inspired me to quote a rather crazy incident that happened between my dad and me over Sudoko! :)

nandini said...

We don't get Indian Express :( ...Will go scrounge it up from somewhere!

Random Access said...

hihi, i left ur dearest friend hanging when she gave me some link tht had sudoku in it...i think mini clips...damn i love it...why dun u try online?

Random Access
The search has just begun !!!

nandini said...

there's sudoku online????????? Where?????????????

Random Access said...

http://www.hindu.com/thehindu/sudoku/index.htm

http://www.miniclip.com/sudoku/sudoku.htm

Random Access
The search has just begun !!!

nandini said...

@RA..hey thatnk for that!