Sunday, August 21, 2005

Love me,Love my Dog















This, is the apple of my eye, the light of my life, my pride and joy! He's a daschund, six years old and his name, is Nugget. He's the cutest thing on earth (along with Brad Pitt), and only a little less bright thatn he is cute.(Even with canines beauty and brains don't go together); at any rate he does know enough to hide under the bed when "bath" or "vet" is mentioned. He's the first person into the car when we go out...and the first one into the house when we come back.



He protects us from all manner of things:lizards, black ants, rats and dirty socks. Cats are beneath his notice, and they make their homes and have their kittens quite happily in our store room. After an unfortunate altercation with a full grown dobberman at the tender age of 6 months, his sparring with other dogs is confined to being purely verbal; from the safe confines of the house, and the car with all the windows rolled up.


He's a pure vegetarian( you know, with all the non-violence and the vegetarianism, I think he's going to be a true example of Gandhianism). He eats rice with curd and a little sambar on top, or Chappattti's with Dal. He needs to be properly served though. One person to put the bowl out, and tell him what a good, fine dog he is; and another to roll the rice into little balls or tear the Chappatti's into little pieces, and feed them to him one by one.(That's one spoilt dog!)
















For a dog who's parentage is from the US and who's ancestry goes back to Germany, this is one dog who just loves the Chennai weather. He hates the "cold winter" or the rains(won't step out and get his li'l paws dirty), he likes it hot and hotter!

He's a great companion, his soulfull big eyes seem to understand perfectly when you're down. He never talks back, never gives unnecessary advice, he's always ready for a good time...he would have made a great human being!

23 comments:

Moi said...

awww he's adorable!!!

nandini said...

@sal...isn't he!And he knows it too!

@sal...hey let your dog enjoy life!

Random Access said...

cute doggy...though he wasnt the only one whoz got into trouble with dobermans :P

Random Access
The search has just begun !!!

nandini said...

@You too RA? They're seriously scary dogs...Even though I'm a dog-lover, I avoid them!

Aishwarya Rao said...

nan--- he is very cute di... i am cynophobic, but i love ur man

Random Access said...

Well, I got bitten by my friend's doberman...and the dog died :P

Power to perform
Magic to transform
RA to deform ;)

Random Access
The search has just begun !!!

nandini said...

@RA...I think I'll keep my dog away from you!

@princess...so was my mom...until we got a pup of our own!

Random Access said...

lol..lol...

Not smiling, ur dark barkin.. go n look after it...or given its size, does it saw meow meow? ;) Then prob i wud love it..

Random Access
The search has just begun !!!

nandini said...

@RA...ur a cat persom then? hmm...well he tends to ignore cats...maybe bcos he knows better than to pick a fight with something bigger than him by now...at least he doesn't say meow meow...small mercies!

Random Access said...

adhu enna cat person? cat woman maathiri kandraviya iruku :P

Missing a meow nu poem ezhuthalama nu yoschindrikken ;)

Random Access
The search has just begun !!!

nandini said...

@RA...nice idea! you can be catman ;))...and your life story is the poem..."Missing a meow" ...Looking forward to it!

Random Access said...

Fancies & Fantasies of a Frivolous Fanatic can be the title of ur futuristic autobiography :P

PS: Go through the above sentence in 3 sec and tell me how many F are there ;)

Random Access
The search has just begun !!!

Shashi Iyer said...

azhagan avan :)... he really will make a gr8 human being! i'd call that kind of a man "ideal"...

nandini said...

@RA...7 f's...(not case senstive ;))but I had to double check ... it took me 5 sec's ;)

@ sashi iyer "The more I see of people the more I love my dog"? ;))

Shashi Iyer said...

now will u not? ;)

Random Access said...

No wonder u r einstein's pethi! Only ppl with IQ more than 145 can find tht out. Normal ppl miss the f in 'of'..sad tht they think its cool to use f wherever its not needed though :P

Random Access
The search has just begun !!!

nandini said...

@RA...the only hting I have in common with Einstein is the hair! ;))

Random Access said...

acho paavum, indha chinna vayasula thara narachu pocha? tututu...ashwini hair oil thadavikko..

Juz remembered the ad 'ashwini ashwini ashwiniiiiiiiiiii'

Random Access
The search has just begun !!!

nandini said...

@RA...I meant the frizzy stixking out in all directions...but its only a matter of time before it goes all white I guess...still better that than becoming bald...which is looking more likely everyday!

Random Access said...

You shud see this

Random Access
The search has just begun !!!

Bhavesh said...

nice blog.. first time here and blog rolling u..!!

I ve always loved dogs (as long asthey don try to bite me) but my mum hates them and never let me have one.. someday I will.. and hopefully i will be able to coax it to be a veggie like yours..!!

hope to c u around!!

Random Access said...

..and dont u think of tidying up ur blog of these unwanted junk comments?

Random Access
The search has just begun !!!

nandini said...

@RA...That's the pic thar usually comes to mind when I think of Einstein. As for the junk comments...*sigh*...will do something about them ...sometime....