Sunday, February 05, 2006

Tagged once more- In search of a soulmate

Well, here we go again- I thought I'd written my last tag- but no- here we go again- this time, in search of a soulmate.

The top eight qualities I'd want in my guy, well, that requires some thought ( just ten, hallo what were you thinking???)

Lets see.... Brad Pitt's looks, George Clooney's suaveness, Tom Cruise's charm( and height 'cause I don't want a guy who towers 50 feet above me), Hugh Grant's accent( or Goeff Boycott or Micheal Holding... I'm not picky), Abdul Kalam's brains, Jeeves' (yes the Wooster and Jeeves one) presence of mind, Bill Gates' fortune, Bernard Shaw's wit, a voice like Russel Crowe( when speaking that is)... and who can sing like Ronan Keating, and dance like umm... Hrithik Roshan( but no cat eyes... no... or bulging muscles Arnie Style No No! )... not a big list is it? Aaaah if only there existed such a guy...

Well, more practically( or not)... here goes

1. We need to have something in common... books... music ... common interests, something to talk about.

2. Should know when to take a joke and when to make one, and just as importantly, when not to.

3. Should cook! I cannot overemphasize this because I have no great love for cooking( though I've never poisoned anyone yet)

4. Should know when to leave me alone... and when I want comapany- and be prepared to take me out to dinner... then be silent throughout while I dwell in a world of happy reveries and great food.

5. Should be able to take the fact that I think Tom Cruise is the cutest guy on the planet and not turn green with jealousy.

6. Should never ask - fatally- What are you talking about? (10 points if you get the book from which that comment was plagiarised) Or is it too much to expect a guy to listen and understand what you're talking about.

7. Should not mock me when I sniffle at the end of some cheap Romeo & Juliet type flick.

8. Should never miss an opportunity to give me a gift- Birthdays- mine and his, New Year, Diwali, Valentine's Day, Pongal, Unbirthdays- these are all good days to give gifts and good for me to receive them too.)

Now its my turn to pass this comtagion on:
Shashi Iyer
Deepti
The Monk

9 comments:

bharat said...

I'll let u know when i break up with my non-existent girlfrend.

On a more serious note, neat post.

On a furthermore realistic note,
urs is a "needle in a haystack" kinda problem [though the "object in concern" is more non-trivial than the ones the example carries] You willing to go thru the stack for the needle? Or do you sit and dream trusting destiny?

nandini said...

@barath :trust to destiny ... or hunt through the haystack? More like hunt the matrimonial columns and trust your parents :D

Shashi Iyer said...

gee thanks! unlike others, i like to be tagged!

Shashi Iyer said...

by the way, this is Shashi (new avtar :))

bharat said...

In that case, you'll need a half page ad in the classifieds that goes like " I have a dream"...and the rest :)

PS- u misplaced an 'h' in my name. I know it spells weird with the original, but that's wat it is.

PS to PS - Have u read this?

http://sudhishkamath.blogspot.com/2005/11/of-god-fearing-boys-and-homely-girls.html

u really think matrimonial columns work?

nandini said...

@bharat- sorry about misspelling your name- as for matrimonial columns- they work for some I guess- but I don't know about myself.

@Shashi - I'm glad someone gets some pleasure out of being tagged then!

nandini said...

@bharat- thanks for the link btw- spent many amusing minutes reading it!

bharat said...

u're more than welcome. I had quite a lotta fun myself reading the sunday section in "The Hindu" religiously ;)

Look who stopped by :)

Random Access said...

The best the girl can do for a guy: understand

The best a guy can do for a girl: silence

Alas, we dont live in an utopian world!

Random Access
The search has just begun !!!