Tuesday, September 06, 2005

An Ending-and Moving On...

Today I'll be leaving to the US. The realisation came crashing down on me when I woke up this morning. All this time its been the excitement of going there...I've doing too much-.shoppping, packing,visiting people - to actually contemplate the fact that I won't be seeing all this, for at least another year. But there have been times when I look up and think, "I have to remember this, It may be the last time I will ever see it." And sometimes I slow down in the middle of eating and savour the food,like I'm afraid I'll never get good food again.

I'm dreading the good-bye's ,I'm going to miss this lovely house, where I've lived practically all my life, with its brick walls and lovely sloping roof. I'll miss the garden, with the pavizhamalli white and wonderfully scented in the front, next to the yellow kanni poo. The coconut trees that frame the sides, the guava on the side, the hibiscuses that rarely seem to bloom. But home is more about the flesh and blood that give life to the place. I'm going to miss everyone here, my parents, my sis, my grandmother,my dog, my friends...

I'm going to miss this city, with its hustle and bustle, miss trvelling by our infamous PTC buses, haggling with auto-drivers, the street shops in T.Nagar and Mylapore, the juice shops that have cropped up all over the place, "Shakes and Creams" and "Planet Yumm" near the beach, where we used to hang out...all my friends have already gone on, to work or for further study, it looks like I'll be one of the last to begin on the next step of my life. I look forward to it, but I'm still oscillating between exitement and apprehension.

9 comments:

Bhavesh said...

dats life..!! u make new frens.. u looose a few.. u got to keep moving on!!.. it will be fun..!!

Random Access said...

Hey all the best. May puls be with u..Its a nice auspicious day to undertake a new journey in life. Let it be the beginning of a glorious chapter in ur life. Keep in touch!

Bon Voyage!

Random Access
The search has just begun !!!

Adi said...

Bonne chance pour votre futur!
Bon Voyage

und...bleiben in Verbindung!!

Deepti Ravi said...

hey!!bon voyage... have a lovely time!! and keep in touch!! we owe each other that :)we parted years ago..just to meet again..no sooner did we do..we drift in our own paths again!! but this time around.. lets stay in touch!!!

Unknown said...

All the best for your further education! im sure the toughest part is gonna be the food abroad. We indians just cant keep away from the spices which are unfortunately absent in most foreign cuisines!

Hope your jet lag doesnt get the better of u, for too long!

Shashi Iyer said...

hey nandini!
for 1. thanks for visiting my blog
for 2. thanks for maintaining ur blog. some really thought provoking posts u had put up.
for 3. i think everybody likes that feeling: "oscillation" between excitement and apprehension.
for 4. hope there'll be loads of fun in life.

nandini said...

Hi everyone:Thanks a lot for you wishes ! @justme- will try to keep old friends- there's mail and chat these days- no real reason to loose touch but lack of interest.
@RA- thank you- :))- I feel lucky considering the day and all- hope it sticks.
@Adi- whoa- believe it or not, they speak English in the US ;D
@Deepti-Its like being given a second chance that we simply cannot waste!
@Priya= thank you
@Vikram-:)- great minds think alike! Foods a major wooy of mine too- naaku neellam naalu mozham!
@Sashi iyer- you're welcome! And there's no need for thanks you know- I enjoy keeping a blog and I enjoy reading yours and others!

Random Access said...

Good to c u commenting..Hope to c ur posts in the near future. Ensoy and write bak ;)

Random Access
The search has just begun !!!

Random Access said...

hey u online? gimme a buzz in yahoo/msn/gtalk whtever u have...

Random Access
The search has just begun !!!