Friday, June 18, 2010

The Long Flight Home

15 hours, then 10 in Bombay, then another two... and with the time change that's two days lost- and likely two more to sleep it off.

I like Continental and Kingfisher both. Continental, to my delight, has On Demand movies even for the Economy seats. Precisely what my neighbors made of the fact that I watched three animated ones in a row, I'm not sure. I suppose I should be relieved that no one sent me to the room for Unaccompanied Minors.

I watched 'How to Tame your Dragon' first. It had come highly recommended, and I did like it- best of all, the dragon looked just like Nuggy!

The others that I watched were 'Moster's Inc' - cute but too long, and The Incredibles- which actually reminded me a good deal of Spy Kids, and so in spite of the excellent reviews, I wasn't too impressed. None of them came close, in my opinion, to 'Wall-E' or Up- which set a whole different standard for animated movies.

3 comments:

Rati Ramadas Girish said...

Really, you didn't like Monsters Inc.? Man, that is one of my favourite animated movies!
But I do agree with you about Wall-E and Up setting the bar way too high. You must watch Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs.

nandini said...

I liked Monster's Inc... I guess I was just expecting something more... Thanks for the rec... nice to know there's someone else out there who likes animated movies!

Prashant G said...

monsters inc is classic.. Incredibles is probably the best pixar film