Sunday, July 15, 2007

Harry Potter movie 5 Order of the Phoenix

Harry Potter month at last! It seems like I'm googling for nothing but Harry Potter speculations these days. Thankfully, the movie came by and took the edge off my anticipation. Considering that it was my least favorite of the books, I'm stunned to find myself saying that its probably my favorite movie. Umbridge and Luna were amazing, the trio, not half bad, Bellatrix and Lucius were madly and suavely respectively, evil. And Sirius' deat was very well done.

A little disappointed with all the stuf that seems to have been just glossed over. Not just Quidditch - after all we're going into a war here - children's games can well be sacrificed - but the prophecy! After all, at least as far as I am concerned, there was no point to the 5th book, but to provied a sort of cushioning for the grand deneoument which was Hary finding out about the prophecy - here it was all cushion and a half a minute -and that's a generous estimate - where we find out why exactly Voldemort went after Harry in the first place - and not very clearly either. I mean, if anyone watches the movie without reading the book, they'll probably go "Huh, where did he jump to that conclusion from?" Anyway, if you have read the book, it brings out all the important parts to life very nicely.

Now, though I have to go and tensely crawl the Net for scraps on the final book.

2 comments:

MechaniGal said...

Hi,its so nice to see that someone finally agrees with me about the movie!
I thought the movie was fantastic! it was dark, sombre, visually enthralling and Dan is beginning to look hot ;)
Please do check out my blog for my mini review of the movie: www.mechanigal.blogspot.com

A lot of ppl have said that my appreciation for the movie is clouded by the fact that i am a pottermaniac. I really don't give a rats hem hem to that!

Adi said...

I do agree with with you on most counts. Luna and Umbridge were perfect (especially Umbridge and her hem-hems :-).) Me felt Bellatrix deserved a bit more screen time as she is being introduced in the movie versions for the first time. The ministry battle scenes were brilliantly shot, and the increasing dominance of Umbridge at Hogwarts was shown very well through the introduction of decrees and newspaper runs,accompanied by a very interesting and more contemporary background score. The biggest disappointment was the climax. No dumbledore looking through moonlit glasses and no proper explanation of why voldy is after harry. Nevertheless, it is definitely worth a watch.

BTW I am assuming that you would have read HPADH twice by now (provided you had enough time)..
Well??