Saturday, July 07, 2007

7/7/07

Today's supposed to be a lucky day- for gamblers, weddings, and who knows what else- the world as a whole if you consider the Live Earth concerts. I'm hoping it'll prove lucky as far as my continued blogging is concerned as well. I've made my own pledge - to replace my lights with energy efficient ones, switch off all appliances when I'm not using them. (Good for my electric bill too) Ironically, I was probably more energy efficient upto a couple of weeks ago when I was going to and from work by bus everyday- before I got my car. Still, I'm below the national average as far as Carbon emissions go- working on going lower though - next step buy local produce? Easier said than done - as much as I love farmer's markets (I blogged sometime ago on one of my favorite ones ) - now that I'm working, its not easy to go to ones on weekdays- also lack of Indian spices and other veggies :P. Actually did go a small local produce place recently. Bought a cabbage the size of a small planet there. Probably not going to be consumed another two weeks.

3 comments:

Adi said...

hey! how are you?

Irritating specimen said...

hey welcome back!!1

nandini said...

AM back and am fine :)