Friday, June 03, 2005

These are the Voyages...

I've been inspired to keep a blog...more or less as an online diary after watching "Finding Neverland" last night (and after much persuasion by a friend). This isn't going to be so much a review of the events of the day...most of which I'd rather forget anyway...but an account of things I don't want to forget about.Books and Movies and People that I want to remember forever.
The movie itself was lovely.Some of the quotes really stuck in my head...."Sometime in the last 30 seconds you've become a grown up"...It hasn't happened to me yet...and I'm hoping I never will lose my passport to Neverland.
It was oddly nice to see the life of another person who lived more in fantasies than in reality. As a person given to day dreaming at the most inopportune times I can sympathise entirely. Indeed mose of my life has been spent in the worlds generated by various authors than in here and now.
Life is Nice but Books are better! I have been told that I have enough books to start a small library. But I never have quite enough as far as I'm concerned.My list of books to read would make most people quail...it makes me quiver in anticipation.My greatest tests of willpower come when passing by a bookkshop...I'm magnetically attracted towards the inside...and once inside nothing less than a few hours will do.
I'm never happier than with a book in hand and a cup of tea by the side....I never say no to tea-Does that qualify me for British citizenship? For all that I read however writing really is The Next Great Adventure!Now toBoldly go Where no Pen or Keyboard has gone Before!

No comments: