Thursday, December 03, 2009

The Winter of my Discontent

Well... it started off with the car accident. There have been a couple of bright spots on the way, but I have to confess that the last couple of months have been almost unrelentingly depressing. I'm utterly looking forward to going to India and taking a looong holiday (and it looks like my car will certainly take that long to be fixed), and starting afresh after I get back.

Being without a car really reinforces how dependent I've become on that four wheeled mode of transport. Its not that I can't get around without it. Its just that I can't get around as well as I used to. And that still stinks. I take the bus to King od Prussia and back. And the bus to NYC on occasion. But I'm suddenly all the more aware of how isolated Reading is, if I want to go anywhere else. Aiport is a bus, a cab ride/train away- where before it used to be a simple one and a half smooth sailing (in a matter of speaking). And its supposed to snow this Saturday. Guess I better dress warmly.

1 comment:

Karthik Nagarajan said...

Aahaa..thats why u think its not the best of times for you...am sorry abt the broken car..shucks...i guess i must read ur postings backwards... :) so did u get ur car fixed?..