Friday, March 24, 2006

A breath of fresh air

I'm BACK!

Yes! Finals are done and the spring break is here- and right on cue the sun is out, the skies are clear and there's just a mild breeze in the air. Alas that this freedom is only for a week... on the other hand... I have the Week OFF!

So, my supportive, long-suffering fans, here's a post to reward you for you patience( all this masca is just to get you to read beyond this para and leave a coment- ot two- there's no rationing around here).

What, you may ask, have I learnt in the last quarter. Well, it certainly wasn't Speech Processing or Adaptive Filters. I remember what I mugged in those classes for the three hours during which I was writing the exam, now I can tell you the name of the class's professor (maybe- no guarantees).

So, yesterday was my last Final, and to celebrate I did things that I have Never Done Before( well, that's a bit exaggerated- but its pretty close) . Cleaned the house! (shock and awe all around).

Yup, me and my roomie actually mustered up the enthu to lift a finger and dump things in the waste paper basket. So, place is looking a lot more inhabitable now, and less like the neighbourhood pig-sty.

We coked (repeat of shock and awe) , we ate (no surprise there). I didn't do my laundry though- there's a limit to all good things and all that cleanliness might have just killed me, I mean we're people - and cleanliness being godliness and all that may have just sent me straight up.

So , to get on with it- went to beach. There are tiney little shops there, and I utterly lost my heart to this skirt. It was too expensive ($45.00) , gave me a heart attack, and reluctantly we parted.Oh, and there was a great sunset.

Today's the second day of good living- (meaning no classes) . Planning to savour every moment of my all too brief vacation before the imprisonment begins anew.

10 comments:

bharat said...

bloglines' been quite inactive with ur blog. It jump started to life tode. So, spring break started eh? *envy*
beach? *envier*

and, yay! girls too have pig-sty like rooms.

keep the blog alive with the same enthu. I can vicariously enjoy coz my break's gettin' over in 2 days :(

PS- the masca worked!

the Monk said...

cool...keep having fun...we're waiting for our breaks too...sometime in may, i think...

Sthupit Girl said...

lucky u.

im stuck here. have been stuck since august. with no breaks. 6 days working. the only thing that's keeping me going, is the fact that 13th april is my last working day. it's the only silver lining on a very dark cloud..

enjoy urself!
adios.

Random Access said...

*grrrrrrrrrr* wait for another 40 days n we will c who has the last laff :P

Random Access
The search has just begun !!!

nandini said...

people! a little less of kannu vekkardu please... you'll all have your own!

Shashi Iyer said...

*sigh* 1 week

Aishwarya Rao said...

nandy...neee ensaiiii pannu..

btw i love cleaning the house and i got koncham excited on seeing what u did...

Deepti Ravi said...

//We coked (repeat of shock and awe)//

you coked!!!! ;) :) i should tattle-tale to ur gramps abt tat!!!

Vayasya said...

cheers to the quarter system. more breaks than in sems. good to have u back.

nandini said...

@ deep ... erm... sorry not coked ... ratheer more boringly - cooked.

@vayasya ... that's one of the few advantages of the quarter system! (actually it may be the only one)