Thursday, November 03, 2005

Another long delayed update

I'd almost forgotten I had a blog, in the midst of the chaos that is my life. We had two midterms this week and I'd really rather not think about them! Another's next week... but I'm taking a short break before going nose- to- grindstone again.

People have absolutely no sense of timing though... this week was Halloween and Diwali, and while all the world was partying and celebrating, what was I doing?- I was sitting in the library studing and wishing I was anywhere but here!

Halloween's a big deal over here though. There was all sorts of ... interestingly dressed people around... A few witches a Tigger( from Winnie- the Pooh) , an angel a ghost or too... a Bumble-bee(!)... Disney character's are a favourite I think...

It was almost painful calling up home on Diwali; I could hear the sounds of crackers going off through the phone and my mouth watered as I heard about the stuff they were eating... And here I am with sandwiches and cheese as my staple diet... The good news is I seem to have lost some weight becaue of it... and if I had been home on Diwali I would have definitely added a few tires to my waist... So there's a silver lining to everything( or rather sour grapes)

(corrected the rather glaring typo in the title- selayed... ugh my typing's going from bad to worse)

7 comments:

the Monk said...

Ah, douglas adams...he's a genius...halloween,huh?nah, i thyink i'll have diwali...

adarsh said...

Here are the answers.

1. Coffin
2. Cold
3. Are you Asleep?
4. Tennis ball..cannibals eat ppl also ;)
5.Echo
6.River
7. Moon... How come it can be sea?

nandini said...

@the monk... isn't he just!?... I agree... Diwali's man's greatest invention... next to God maybe...
@adarsh... thnks for the answers... che I'm really bad at this stuff!

Deepti Ravi said...

hey! how is it going over there?? its been so long!! yup.. diwali is the time you end up missing home the most!! me started reading the hitchhikers.. now in yours truly part!!! :)

Random Access said...

You gotta sacrifice one for another always :(

Random Access
The search has just begun !!!

Random Access said...

Seems like this post title is going to be a regular feature :P

Anywayz, all the best with whtever u r doing!

Random Access
The search has just begun !!!

Vayasya said...

First quarter blues. Fades over time. Atleast we are living in sunny so-cal. East Coast people spend half of the year in depressing weather.